We're excited to share the highlights for April 2023 with you! We hope that everyone is enjoying our program, and we have some great updates for the coming month.
Strength: Starting this month, we will be performing two lifts on the same day twice a week. Our focus is to keep the class rolling and transition smoothly once the first lift is completed.
Cycle Overview (LIFT-OFF):
Our 9-week cycle will place a greater emphasis on heavier Olympic lifting (Snatch/Clean). We will lift 3 days a week, incorporating Jerks, Front Squats, and Deadlifts. Our goal is to focus on replicating good quality lifts, rep after rep. The Jerk will be separated from the Clean to concentrate on one movement at a time. Every day we perform a Snatch or Clean, we will go through the Burgener Warm-Up. We'll start everyone off with a PVC pipe, allowing athletes to transition to an empty barbell if comfortable. This warm-up is essential for improvement and will become second nature by the end of the cycle.
9-Week Cycle Layout:
Week 1-3: Emphasis on technique and building a strong base
Week 4-6: Continue to refine technique and gradually increase weight
Week 7-9: Maximize efficiency in lifts and push for new personal records
As the 2023 CrossFit Open comes to a close, we'll be resetting our goals, dialing back the intensity, and focusing on fun. It's time to move our body weight and prepare for "Murph Prep Mondays!"
Starting the week of March 20th, we'll work on Ring Muscle Ups. Beginners will learn how to transition through the rings and support themselves, while advanced athletes will focus on smoothly and efficiently cycling reps.
We'll be programming 1-2 Hero/Girl Workouts per month, in addition to the regularly scheduled memorial workouts (Murph, Chad, etc.). Some may be programmed as a Saturday workout option to allow for more time.
As always, we're committed to providing you with world-class fitness programming. If you have any questions or suggestions on how we can improve, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com
Thank you for being a part of the CFI family, and we look forward to an incredible April!
The CrossFit Indiana Team
- Are you able help us out with credit card fees? If you're willing and able to add your bank account rather than using a credit card, you can save us almost $300 a month in credit card fees. Let us know you're willing to add an account and we'll share a link!
- We've capped classes at 12! This means you must register your class prior to attending. PLEASE ONLY REGISTER FOR A CLASS YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING! Do not register for a class just to hold your place, then cancel last minute. This makes it difficult for a member to register if they actually plan to attend. (ex. reserve the 5:30am all week, but cancel Wednesday at 5:15am). -Thank you!
- Utilize open gym times! Open gym is M/W/F from 7:30-9:30 am and Thursdays 6-8 pm. This is a great opportunity to work on skills that are hard to develop in a 60 minute class (i.e. pull up, double under, single under, GHD sit up, ring support, etc.)
- As the weather gets a little messier outside, please bring a pair of gym shoes. Please don't bring the mud on the floor. No one likes doing burpees in the mud ;)
- T-SHIRT ORDER!! Keep your eyes peeled for our next t-shirt order in APRIL!
- Upcoming summer hours: TEACHERS... I'll encourage you to join us more frequently and utilize our 9:30 am class time! We may also be offering a 12 noon class based on interest.
- Bring A Friend Week: Our next Bring a Friend Week is May 22-27. Do you have someone in your life that could benefit from CrossFit? Have you seen the positive effects it's had on your life in the past few weeks/months? Have a friend join you. Work out with them and show them the ropes. Now is the time to share! $50 referral offer for you and your friend with their 1st monthly membership.
- Passion WOD, Saturday, April 8, 10 am. This is an open community event in observance of Easter. The workout will not be easy because we will do this to reflect on the suffering that Jesus endured in his final days. More info: faithrxd.org/passion-wod-2023
- Memorial Day MURPH, Monday, May 29: This annual HERO workout is in honor of Lt. Michael Murphy. It will be followed by a pot luck bbq held at the warehouse. This is an open community event! We'll be encouraging donations to the Murph Foundation.