Welcome to the 2024 CrossFit Open! We are very excited to kick things off this year.
In this blog post, you’ll find a wealth of information. Please take the time to read through it so you’re in the know and so that you don’t unnecessarily screw over your team.
There are three teams. If you have not received an email from your team captain, don't worry, it's coming!.
Here’s what you can expect each week:
- Learn the workout at 3 p.m. EST each Thursday via the LIVE Announcement from CrossFit (see games.crossfit.com).
- Wake up on Friday morning and put on your jersey (your team’s color) or 2024 CrossFit Open shirt.
- Attend group class on Friday, do The Open workout. OR do the workout outside of class. WE HIGHLY ENCOURAGE FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS! There will be a limited class schedule. Bring the whole family and friends, and let's have a blast! We'll have a heat for the kids too!
- Continue on a tear through the remainder of the week accumulating group class attendance points.
WORKOUT POINTS SUBMISSION
You will need to perform TWO actions each week to log your score and submit your weekly points earned.
Action 1: Fill out the weekly Intramural Google Survey Form that is sent out Sunday evening each week. You will record your weekly Individual Points as well as your workout score. One of our core values is INTEGRITY. We're going to be honest, because that's who we are.
Action 2: Log your score in Wodify on Friday each week
Just to reiterate – you will need to record your weekly score on wodify AND you will need to fill out the weekly Intramural Google Survey Form (sent via email).
POINTS (Individual, Workout, Team Challenges)
There are three categories of points available to teams each week:
- Individual points
- Scored workout placing points
- Super secret one-off team challenges
Each week, every team member can earn up to 11 points in 3 ways for their team:
- Class Attendance Points – Earn points for attending 3 or more group classes throughout the week.
- 5 points – you attended 5 group classes OR personal training sessions TUESDAY – MONDAY of the previous week AND logged your score in Wodify.* Group class attendance to do The Open workout on Friday counts toward this total!
- 4 points – you attended 3 group classes TUESDAY – MONDAY of the previous week AND logged your score in Wodify.
Traveling or can’t make it in to the gym? You can get your points if you go to an affiliate elsewhere OR if you do 100 burpees for time.
- Do the Open Workout in Class – Earn points for doing The Open workout IN a group class on Friday.
NOTE! – Yes, you get double points here! If you attend group class on Friday it counts toward your weekly attendance total AND in this category.
- 4 points – do the workout in a group class on Friday OR at another affiliate in a group class.
- 2 point – do the workout outside of class with a judge, obviously.
- Wear Your Team’s Color – each team has a team color. Wear a shirt that sports your team’s color when you do The Open workout and earn 2 points.
- 2 points – Wear your team’s color to workout in while you do the Open workout.
SCORED WORKOUT PLACING POINTS
- The Top 3 Men and Women’s scores for Rx and Scaled will earn points for their team.
- Additionally, each week of The Open, there will be additional team scoring options such as highest team average Rx/Scaled and highest scorers in various age divisions.
ONE-OFF TEAM COMPETITIONS
- We will announce additional opportunities for teams to earn points.
- These challenges will be announced on Thursday evening and teams will have until Monday at 6 p.m. to complete the challenge.
Your team captains are:
- Tim Orlando (blue)
- Marie Pisarcik (hot pink)
- Ryan McCurdy (green)
Your league commissioner is none other than the one and only Chris Reidmiller
If you have any questions, please reach out to your team captain.
May the odds be ever in your favor,
What's included in your registration fee?
- Access to Friday Night Lights
- Intramural competition including teams
- Gauntlet Team Challenges
- Bragging rights all year long
- 2024 CrossFit Open T-shirt
- All extra $ is going straight to new equipment!
The CrossFit Open Gods