Tips to tackle 23.2
Here we are. Week 2 of the 2023 CrossFit Open. 23.2
The workout as prescribed is:
5 Burpee Pull Ups
10 - 50' Shuttle Runs
+add 5 Burpee Pull Ups each round
5:00 to hit a 1 RM Thruster
- Practice the movements: Make sure you are familiar with the movements required in 23.2. Practice them regularly leading up to the competition so that you can perform them efficiently and with good form.
- Warm-up properly: Warming up before the workout is essential to prevent injury and get your body ready for the demands of the workout. Start with some light cardio to get your heart rate up and then perform dynamic stretches to mobilize your joints. CrossFit Mayhem has provided a warmup strategy that will be posted on the whiteboard.
- Pace yourself: 23.2 is a marathon. Don't go out hot. I'd recommend a smooth and steady pace for the first half. Once you hit 7 or 8 minutes, kick it up a notch then fire away at the last 3 minutes.
- Stay focused: During the workout, focus on your breathing, your form, and your pace. Try not to get distracted by what other athletes are doing around you.
- Have fun: Remember that the CrossFit Open is a community event that celebrates fitness and camaraderie. Enjoy the experience and have fun!