CrossFit Open 23.1
CrossFit Open 23.1 is a challenging workout, and approaching it with the right mindset and techniques can make a big difference in your performance.
Here are some tips to help you prepare for and tackle 23.1:
- Develop a plan: Before you start the workout, spend some time developing a plan for how you will approach each round. Decide on your pacing, rest intervals, and how you will break up the movements to conserve energy.
- Warm-up properly: A good warm-up is essential for any workout, but especially for a high-intensity one like 23.1. Make sure to spend at least 10-15 minutes warming up your muscles and practicing the movements to prevent injury. Show up early, warm up your body and your mind to get yourself in the right space.
- Focus on your breathing: The 14-minute AMRAP format of 23.1 requires a sustained effort, and proper breathing techniques can help you maintain your energy levels. Focus on inhaling deeply through your nose and exhaling forcefully through your mouth.
- Break up the movements strategically: Instead of trying to power through the movements in each round, plan out how you will break them up to conserve energy. For example, you may choose to do smaller sets with shorter rest intervals to keep your heart rate up and avoid fatigue.
- Stay mentally strong: The 14 minutes of 23.1 can feel like an eternity, and it's easy to get discouraged when you start to feel tired. Stay mentally strong by reminding yourself of your goals, focusing on your breathing, and staying positive.
- Recover properly: After the workout, make sure to cool down properly and stretch to prevent injury and aid in recovery. Additionally, make sure to eat a nutritious meal and get enough sleep to allow your body to recover fully.
Remember, the CrossFit Open is about challenging yourself and pushing your limits. Stay focused, stay positive, and have fun!